Powered by WebAds

Monday, April 27, 2009

Facebook Killed the Blogger Star

Wanderer made a comment about your note "Attack of the Seven Year Old Shnorrers":
What's most impressive is that you're blogging on Facebook....


Mark also commented on his note "Attack of the Seven Year Old Shnorrers":

"I thought I'd give it a try. What do you think? I think I liked Psychotoddler better. Plus Dr. Bean’s not here :-("


From: Wanderer Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 8:46 AM
To: Dr. Bean; Mark
Subject: Fwd: Mark also commented on his note...

I think FB gives you a captive, target audience, whereas there is more opportunity for a wider audience with PT.

Maybe we can get Dr. Bean to sign up so he can again enjoy the fruits of your labor?!?
He knows he wants to...


From: Dr. Bean
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 10:56 AM
To: Wanderer, Mark
Though I miss the blog-crazy days deeply, and I also miss Mark, another online time sink is not what I need in my life right now. For what it’s worth I’m not even seeing Wanderer as much as I’d like, and he lives right here.

From: Mark
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 9:20 AM
To: Dr. Bean, Wanderer
Cc: Mrs. Balabusta
Subject: RE: Mark also commented on his note...

But then how am I going to be able to tell you about what happened to my pager?

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 9:29 AM, Dr. Bean wrote:

Email, my friend, email. That’s how middle aged folk communicate. Not your wacky new-fangled FaceBook or My Space. That’s for kids. Like that rock and roll stuff…

From: Wanderer
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 9:42 AM

Email? That's so late 20th Century. What next - voice mail?

It is a common misconception that Facebook is for kids. Silly rabbit, MySpace is for kids. Facebook is for adults who want to waste time just like their kids do on MySpace...

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Dr. Bean wrote:

Yes, that’s true. And that’s not my real objection to it. My real objection to it is that I don’t have a good strategy for how I would interact with patients on it. I would probably do it if it wasn’t for that.

From: Mark
Sent: Friday, April 24, 2009 10:00 AM

The issue is more about limiting what I would say knowing that there's a patient who might read it, and I'm already doing that anyway. Like the pager story is definitely not going up there.

On Apr 24, 2009, at 5:53 PM, Dr. Bean wrote:

Can we hear the pager story already? Oh, I guess it’s already Shabbat there. Well, there it’s Shabbos. Anyway, Sunday will you email me the story?

From: Wanderer
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 8:31 PM

Shabbat is long gone, and still no pager story. It's 1130 in Milwaukee, he's probably asleep...
On Apr 26, 2009, at 8:39 PM, Dr. Bean wrote:
I suspect foul play. Hey, Wanderer why don’t you give him a call to check on him? Wait another hour or two though.

From: Wanderer
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 8:40 PM

Definitely foul play. Do you think Mrs. B’s involved again?

On Apr 26, 2009, at 8:42 PM, Dr. Bean wrote:

There’s only one way to tell. One of us has to call.

From: Wanderer
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 8:46 PM

I'm scared. Its not like the old days when we could read about Mark openly on Psychotoddler. Now we need passwords and stuff to read his blog on Facebook.

Frankly, this new hush hush way of blogging has me worried. I'm afraid to call. You do it.

On Apr 26, 2009, at 8:47 PM, Dr. Bean wrote:

Ok. We’ll use this way to decide which one of us calls:
I’m thinking of a number between 1 and 10. Guess which it is.

From: Wanderer
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 8:50 PM

Here are the numbers you're thinking of:
mobile 414.555.1212
home 414.555.2345
Dial away!

On Apr 26, 2009, at 8:54 PM, Dr. Bean wrote:

First of all, I have (414) 555-1234 for his mobile. Second, I was thinking of "7", so you call.

It’s no big deal. It’s actually only 11 there. (you said 11:30 before but you were thinking Eastern time. He’s Central.) Anyway even if you wake him up, he won’t mind. He’s not doing much tomorrow, and it’ll be worth it to confirm he’s OK.

From: Wanderer Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 8:57 PM

What?!?! He changed his mobile number and didn't tell me?!?!?!
I thought we were friends!

Forget it. I ain't calling! And I'm not really that interested in the pager story anymore either!
Sheesh....

From: Wanderer
Sent: Sunday, April 26, 2009 9:09 PM

Hey wait. I have a better idea!

Let's start sending him emails with really large attachments until we completely max out his mailbox and fill it to the gills. That'll teach him!

I'm gonna go first and send him that Japanese video about how to fold a matzah.


From: Dr. Bean

It’s too late. I’m getting tired. I still have a bunch of work to do but it’s hard to concentrate knowing that Mark is probably dead. Here’s how sad I am:

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're not allowed to post things that make me snarf things out my nose.

the blogger formerly known as AidelMaidel

Kovi said...

Um...go abba?

PsychoToddler said...

for the record



I am still alive

sarabeth said...

Baruch Hashem.

Shira Salamone said...

You mean to tell me that I have to go sign up for Facebook if I ever want to read anything by Mark/PT again? What, blogging doesn't keep me online enough already? I'm with Dr. Bean on this: "another online time sink is not what I need in my life right now."

Just out of curiosity, Mark, what's the advantage of Facebook, that you think you have time to write there, but not here?

Off-topic but important: Speaking of "for the record, I'm alive," hello, AidelMaidel, and welcome back to the blogosphere (I hope)!

Shira Salamone said...

Yours truly, the olde comment-killer, seems to have struck again. Sorry. This really is a pretty funny post.

Kiwi the Geek said...

So you're posting funny stuff on Facebook, but it's not publicly available. Why are you hiding over there?

The Facebook fascists won't allow pseudonyms, so although PT is writing again, I can't read it. Waaaah!

wanderer said...

Its truly pathetic (embarassing?) what Dr. Bean and I do in our spare time...

Nice Jewish Guy said...

I also worry about patients reading something I'd post- which is why I have almost no patients as friends, and I make myself searchable only to friends. I keep my privacy settings high.

PsychoToddler said...

Don't worry Shira, you're not missing much. I think I only wrote one post. Figured more people would read it there than here, at least according to my sitemeter.

Kiwi the Geek said...

Figured more people would read it there than here, at least according to my sitemeter. At risk of being too logical, that doesn't make sense. Anybody can come here, while Facebook is limited. People can put this on a RSS feed and be notified when you post, but Facebook won't alert you unless you login, and then it's only recent events.

Neil said...

"Neil Liked this"

iPhone 4 case said...

Facebook is doing well to the social media users. If ever there are uncertainties within the social media network, they make sure to it that it would be positive on the user of the account. No doubt, social media is very rampant nowadays.

quickest way to lose weight said...

The advantages of facebook defies are it can easily give a simple communication from far distance families friends or let's say lovers.

facebook is simply amazing but it also had a disadvantages just what others might say here in this post.

One thing that really makes some of the differences..Curiosity really matters.