Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

The Reports of My Blog's Death are Greatly Exaggerated

Be careful what you wish for.

Behold!

I am emerging from my Dungeon where I have been immersed for the past 4 months in various non-Blogging and a few non-Bloggable activities.

Yes, I hear your taunting and your whining.

Where are you, PT?

Write up some more goofy The PT stories!

We need advice on raising our infants/toddlers/teenagers!!

We want more Cro-Magnon Man!

Complain about your shul!

Well TOO FREAKIN' BADDDDDD!!!

It is NOT my job to entertain you, and cause coffee to spray from your nose, and make you feel better about your kids because they can spell correctly and don't say "Holy Crap" all day long and write opuses about Sailor Moon!!

Where am I??  I'm in freakin' Wisconsin!!  That's where I am!  That's where I've been this whole time!  I work for a living!  I (occasionally) go to shul and kollel and do laundry and get involved in snow-related traffic catastrophes!

More The PT stories?  There is no shortage of The PT stories in the blogosphere, believe-you-me!  Look at all my kids blogs and you'll never have to worry about a coffee-free nose again.  Besides, she's seven now and she can probably just write her own stories.

You want my advice about child rearing?  Well, you're SOL, my friend!  Raising kids is a lot like playing Poker.  Especially teenagers.  And my kids read this blog.  So to strain the metaphor even further, telling you how to raise your teenagers would be like playing Poker while showing everyone your hand.  So forget it!  You're on your own!  Lotsa luck with that!

Miss Cro Magnon Man?  Well, my wife sure doesn't. Cro Magnon Man is a bear to live with and he stinks up the bathroom, to boot.  I think we're all much happier that that cranky coot has up and left.  Besides, Rock Star Dude is much more fun.

You want me to complain about my shul?  I got a better idea!  Go complain about your OWN shul!  What, you think my issues are unique?  Go spend every morning at the crack of dawn with a bunch of bleary-eyed, yawning guys who are late for work and see how much you enjoy minyan.


So, does that mean this blog is DEAD?

Hardly.

I'm going to use it to discuss....












....my MUSIC!!

WAIT JUST ONE MINUTE!

Where do you think YOU'RE going??

You think I don't know what goes on around here?

I make fun of my kids or my shul and you guys are smiling and laughing and slapping my back and all best friends and you-da-man-PT, but as soon as I mention my music it's all crickets!

Well, I'm a musician.  Period.  I've been a musician much longer than I've been a doctor, or a father, or a husband, or a kvetchy shliach tzibur.  And I'm going to be a musician until the day I die.  I'm going to be that guy in the nursing home who drags people into my room to listen to my MP3s, when everyone else has moved on to direct auditory cortex stimulators, the guy who keeps pining for the old days of Punk and Alternative Rock when everyone else is listening to weird atonic electronic bleeps in their flying cars.

You guys can take it or leave it.  You're all a bunch of cheapskates, any way.  You want to know how many bloggers bought my last two albums?? (Yeah you see them right there in the side bar)??

One.

But to be fair, she bought it a few times.

But still.



The truth is I've found a good outlet for my creative energies, and I'm getting ready to release what is probably the best album I've ever recorded, and I'm very proud of what I and my band mates have created.

So if you're interested in being a part of it, stick around.

If not, I'm sure I'll run into you in the nursing home one day.  

Oh and if you feel a stalkerish need to follow my every move, you can look me up on facebook.


18 comments:

myblog said...

hellooo ... nice to meet u

Ezzie said...

WOO!! Welcome back? (I enjoyed this post.)

Also, some of us enjoy your music, but... well, we never buy music. We don't own anything to play it on.

PsychoToddler said...

Cheap. I saw an mp3 player on sale for $49 at circuit city and there are cheaper ones out there

Perel said...

so abba, i hesitate to tell you this, but i just bought a poppyseed danish.

enjoy wisconsin.

PsychoToddler said...

go ahead and twist it some more, you backstabber!

but I should mention you are missing some mighty fine turkey and stuffing

Jacob Da Jew said...

ITS ALIVE!!!

Neil Harris said...

This post was well worth the wait, hopefully the album will be, too.

Baila said...

Raise my teenager alone? Now that's just plain cruel!

eeees said...

Well, for what it's worth, I'm glad you're back (no matter what you blog about).

Kiwi said...

Hahaha! Good morning, Grumpy! I laughed, but no coffee.

I'm too poor to buy music, but I did download all of yours I'm aware of, and I listen to it. The Hebrew sounds cool, although I have no idea what you're singing about. And I get the songs in my head. If anybody ever writes translations, I'd love to see.

Kiwi said...

Why does it say I'm Kiwi??? I'm Kiwi the Geek!!! What did Blogger do to my name? Now I must investigate...

Jack said...

Also, some of us enjoy your music, but... well, we never buy music. We don't own anything to play it on.

I'll be kind. ;)

RaggedyMom said...

So what you're saying is, you're back in time to help us raise our kids? Whew.

Shira Salamone said...

So now, instead of Cro-Magnon Man, we get Oscar the Grouch? :)

Alright, I'll bite, Mr. Musician. I've been listening to your music for about three and a half years, and it just occurred to me the other day that I should ask you who did the arrangement for the Sh'ma Yisrael (by Pik) that you recorded with the Moshe Skier Band: Was it Pik, or was it you and/or (some of) your Merry Milwaukee Music Makers? That's one heck of an arrangement, not least because it has such a rockin' bass part. Sh'ma Yisrael is one of my favorites among your "covers." I hope you include it in your next album (which I'll buy, if we can manage not to lose too much more money between now and the end of the year).

As to your complaint, quit your kvetchin'--that's what you get for being such a darned good all-around blogger. :)

Mordechai Cohen said...

Wow - the fit hit the shan. I approve. Oh - my son wants some serious cymbals, Mendel letting his beard down (I think it is down as far as it goes), and you with a bass solo (where is Victor Wooten when you need him?).

When is your next gig?

... Is the Window to Our Soul said...

Hmmm?

Hookah Shisha Narghile Accessories said...

Hookah, Shisha, Hookahs Hookah Accessories Vases , Hookah Charcoal

Headphones MP3 Player Portable AM/FM Radios said...

All Headphones are lightweight, water-resistant, sweat-proof, and include an elastomer comfort-fit hinge for a more custom fit. Lightweight Headphones Ergonomic design for comfortable fit Headphones, Compact player is a perfect companion for the track, bike trail or work area. The FM antenna is part of the headphone cord, so you are sure to receive a strong signal. These headphones feature an ear-conscious design with soft earpads for long-time listening comfort. With these features and a pleasing design, In-Cord Volume Control you can listen to your favorite tunes leisurely for hours on end