Powered by WebAds

Friday, September 19, 2008

New Version of "Shoshanas Yaakov" on Myspace

Yes, you read it right--it's Purim in Elul!

Seriously, The Band is working on a new album, and I'm too excited about the progress not to leak a little to the public.

So there's a new "rough mix*" of Shoshanas Yaakov (MSB's "signature" song, if you will) up on the Myspace page, where you can listen all you want.

http://www.myspace.com/mosheskierband

Let me know what you think!

Sunday is a mega-drum recording session for me.

WARNING: This music is NOT KOSHER. It features guitar, "bendy notes", and improper use of bass. However, boruch Hashem, there is no "Devil's flute" or "2/4" beat.


*a "rough mix" is a quick mix of music tracks usually done after a recording session to give the producer something to listen to. I aways thought it would make a great album title.

11 comments:

Baal Devarim said...

"WARNING: This music is NOT KOSHER."

Well, I hope you don't eat your words, then.

Eli said...

Fantastic song - both tune and quality. I really enjoyed it.

Baila said...

If I listen to this, does that mean I might as well start having milkshakes with my hamburgers?

Anonymous said...

Shoshanas Yackov is maybe the best Jewish rock tune I have heard to date. That, Let It Rain feel. Great guitar sound...killer bass line to boot.
If that does not become a hit song I blame it only on the musical gallus that faces our nation.
If there were more songs like this, I may start listing to Jewish music again.
YHL

Anonymous said...

Shoshanas Yackov is maybe the best Jewish rock tune I have heard to date. That, Let It Rain feel. Great guitar sound...killer bass line to boot.
If that does not become a hit song I blame it only on the musical gallus that faces our nation.
If there were more songs like this, I may start listing to Jewish music again.
YHL

PsychoToddler said...

I'm working on "more songs like this". Thanks for your comment, Yitzchak, it means a lot coming from a gevaldige J-Rocker like yourself.

Even if you can't figure blogger out.

Baila, according to the Kosher Music Police, it's just as bad as eating a cheeseburger on yom kippur without bentching. Oy Vey!

Isaac said...

Okay, I listened to it as I ate that cheeseburger. I don't know much about music, but I loved the tune. Also liked Ani Maamin, first song in the set, which I listened to until I realized it wasn't shoshanas yaakov.

Now I have to leave without bentching.

PS:

Why do you say BeviaT hamashiach and shoshanaS yaakov?

PsychoToddler said...

I don't want anyone to feel left out

FBF Rothkopf said...

I love your music! The combination of influences just happens to include all my favorites sounds and thoughts. L'Shanah Tova and thank you for the wonderful tunes!
f.

Tzuriel said...

Did this song get taken down from the myspace page? Where is the link?

PsychoToddler said...

I think MySpace was doing some kind of maintenance on the music player at 2:37 am. It's up there now (and Nachamu is now listed as "free").