Powered by WebAds

Monday, January 28, 2008

Stealth Blogging

I remember when a trip to New York was worth five or six long and detailed posts full of pictures and memorable quotes from Little Poland. Sigh. Now I guess we'll have to make due with hints about pictures and memorable quotes.

As I type this, I am stealing computer time in the Yeshiva University Library and at any minute a librarian could seize me by the ear and forcibly remove me from the computer. But I'm OK for the moment.

Wait--

Whew! That was a close one. I have to flip back and forth from a search of the library catalogue to my email page, blogger, and facebook. This is so Stalag 17! I feel the need to stuff dirt in my pants pocket. But I will resist the urge...for now.

So many things going on. By now you are wondering why I didn't tell any of you about this trip or herald it with a series of posts and requests for Blogger get-togethers. Well, the truth is I don't really have time to meet with any of you and I didn't want to insult you like I usually end up doing to my Polish relatives. So don't feel bad.

The only reason I have time now is that Moe or 30Cal or whatever the heck he is going by these days is off interviewing and touring for college here and I suddenly realized that they don't really want his father hanging around, so I made away with myself and my iPod to the library to do...whatever it is that I appear to be doing now.

I've heard that there is actually another blogger who haunts this joint and I'd look for him but I don't really know what he looks like. What I should really be looking for is a bathroom, but I'm afraid that if I get off this computer I won't be able to get back on. See the sacrifices I make for you PT readers!!

Don't worry, the trip has been very good so far and I may even have some pictures of some of your favorite celebrity blog relatives in the upcoming days. Meantime, I have arranged a play-date with my old college roommate for the next couple of hours so I must go.

Crap--here come the libraria

9 comments:

AidelMaidel said...

Bah. You're here and you don't want to have lunch with me. I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO offended. No sushi for you. No no no.

Maybe you can find a way to make it up to me.

Shira Salamone said...

Best of luck to 30Cal!

And enjoy your playdate. :)

RaggedyMom said...

Some of us conduct our undercover operations at the library, and some of us do so at the bus depot. To each Skier his own. Have fun!

yingerman said...

raggedy mom beat me to it.
why dont you just meander over to the library?

orieyenta said...

Ooo - I hope this means we're going to hear something about your MOM soon. :)

therapydoc said...

Look, you're a musician. You're expected to get into trouble.

Anonymous said...

The blogger of YU library fame was actually where i said he would be at night, but about 3 hours earlier than the time i suggested. He sends his regards and hopes to blog-meet in the future.Brad

AMSHINOVER said...

i just needed to say hi-
hi

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

«waves from a few blocks away and a day late»