Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Zathras Can Never Have Anything Nice...

If you've been reading very carefully between the lines here or in any of my affiliated blogs you've probably deduced that I have finally replaced the old Geo. Not that Geo's gone anywhere. The kids have it and are making good use of it this summer. But through complex machinations I was able to arrange a work-lease on a new Japanese car (with all the options) that I really love.

However, in the two short months since it's been in my possession, it's already been hit by someone backing out of a driveway, the door no longer closes correctly (I don't get the ka-chunk sound, only kunk), and I found a screw in one tire, in such a place that it couldn't be plugged.

If I were the superstitious type, I'd say somebody was trying to tell me something. Good thing I don't come from a bunch of Polish Jews. D'oh!

So now, instead of my dream machine, I'm driving a rented Kia Rio which feels like it's powered by a lawn mower engine. But at least I don't have the rage to listen to my iPod in the car now, since there's no way to plug it in.


In unrelated news, guess who's the number one Google destination for the phrase, "Unaccustomed as I am to Public Speaking"? It wasn't even a good post.

9 comments:

yellojkt said...

I hope the squirrels in your loaner stay healthy. Heaven forbid the rubber band breaks.

Ezzie said...

Hey, some of us liked that post!

I actually thought of it today while reading a few other posts (see Shoshana's - sweetrose.blogspot.com).

PsychoToddler said...

Eh, it was a fluff piece, at best.

Shira Salamone said...

So much for "toys."

RaggedyMom said...

I feel like when things used to go wrong in the Corolla, I just chalked it up to the car having a little extra "character" whereas now driving a new van, all the little things irk me.

My dad on the other hand is having the time of his life with the Corolla. You'd think he was driving a motorcycle with the stuff he tries to pull.

Hope you get out of the loaner soon.

Wickwire said...

I already had to get my tire fixed on my Ford Explorer. (ran over a nail). $16.95 to get it fixed! Gone are those days when it was replaced for free.

I test drove a small Toyota and it felt like I was coasting down hill on a childrens wagon.

PsychoToddler said...

The kids love the Geo. Of course, any car that moves is a step above what they had before.

Wick, I had to REPLACE the tire. You paid about a tenth of what I did.

Daled Amos said...

Speaking of Babylon 5, did you know they're coming out with Babylon 5: The Lost Tales at the end of the month?
But apparently no Zathras...

RaggedyMom said...

Gone, too, are the days of taking the Corolla over to the shady guys down by Kissena & Parsons who could fix any tire for about 5-10 bucks. And parking in tiny spots with lightning speed is a distant memory. Lord how I miss that little car.