Powered by WebAds

Thursday, July 05, 2007

8 Things Meme

What's with all the memes? Is this a slow blog-cycle?

Jewish Blogmeister tagged me for the "8" meme. Because the meme demands that you name names--8 of them--this thing has spread across the blogosphere like a virus.

Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed. At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.



1. I'm double jointed in my left thumb, and some of my kids are too, and some aren't.



2. I had minor surgery last year, and it was the first time I'd ever been put to sleep. Mrs B says I was pretty funny when I was coming out of it.



3. I used to draw comic books when I was a kid, and sent one in to Stan Lee and got feedback from him. If you came across someone who knew me in High School, they'd be surprised to find out that I went in to Music and not Art.



4. For years I had alopecia areata which formed a bald spot in my beard, and I had to do a "beard combover."



5. When I was in college I got into a five-car pile-up on the FDR drive (my car was unfortunately at the front of the line and the cause of the accident). It was after a late-night downtown recording session and I really had to use the bathroom, but I was stuck in the middle of the highway. I ended up dashing across the lanes into an abandoned factory on the edge of the East River to relieve myself. To this day, the words "Washburn Wire Products" will immediately cause me to seek out the nearest bathroom.



6. I once accidentally married a woman named Isabella Cortez.



7. I actually majored in engineering in college, but was so bored during a mechanical engineering class that I went out and dropped the major.



8. I auditioned for a reggae band at a studio in Hell's Kitchen , but I didn't get the gig because I wouldn't play on Shabbos.



I can't bring myself to tag anyone. Besides, I don't think there's anyone left.

18 comments:

Ezzie said...

6 has got to be a good story... post? :)

It *is* a slow blog run lately. I can't even find anything to link to! :P

Nice Jewish Guy said...

I also used to draw my own comic books in high school. I had a thing for very muscular superheroes. And the women superheroes in their tight outfits..


... I think my old prinicipal still has all the ones he confiscated...

AidelMaidel said...

AHEM - no one tagged *MOI* - have a become such a persona nongrata these days in the jewish blogosphere?

PsychoToddler said...

Ezzie: http://psychotoddler.blogspot.com/2005/06/mrs.html

NJG: My principal actually was really into it! I used to draw on these huge sheets of oaktag. I needed to reduce the pages to comic book size. In those days, you couldn't just go to the office copy machine and hit "reduce". You had to photo-offset which was expensive.

But my HS pricipal (at MTA) was impressed by what I did (maybe because there were no muscular girls) that he took me over to the college print services and we used their machines.

PsychoToddler said...

AM: I believe you would be covered under the general disclaimer as written in Raggedy Mom's or Toronto Pearl's memes.

Also if you specifically want to be excluded, you can use the disclaimer at the frustrated social worker's site.

Jacob Da Jew said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacob Da Jew said...

memememememmememeeeeeememememmee

Ahhh I've been infected!!

(It's the Jewish Bloggers version of "The Stand")

Jewish Blogmeister said...

Hey! Can we see some drawings? Come on! Put em on.

Annie D said...

Okay, just read the Cortez story. TOO funny. DH and I also had to get a civil marriage while we were living at Einstein. Housing & Insurance . . . We went to New Rochelle, where the judge was most bummed that we were not more into the ceremony. ;-).

Neil Harris said...

Re: Number 8 on your list.

Too bad, you could have really been "Jammin in the name of the Lord".

Chana said...

Maybe I'll consider myself tagged next week. LOL. I have been extremely AWOL myelf.

I was bored to distraction during percussion methods myself, but that I attribute to the teacher and the hour. Para-diddle, para-diddle... UGH!!!!

When I had knee surgery a year and a half ago, I fought to have a spinal so I could be awake (I am terrified of being put to sleep) and got to watch them scrape underneath my kneecap on a monitor - it was way cool!!

I think I could watch almost anything (draped) except for eye surgery. THAT makes me queasy as all get-out. (shudder)

PsychoToddler said...

JDJ: Seriously, you should get someone to take a look at that.

annie d: When were you at Einstein? We were there from 87-91.

Neil: That audition was an interesting experience in many ways. One day I ought to write it up.

Chana: I had eye surgery a few years back and it was the scariest experience of my life. I was staring at this knife that was going to cut my eye, and I kept thinking "OMG whydidIagreetothisssss...."

PsychoToddler said...

JB: The comics are all at my mom's house, and she's technophobic so I don't think they'll be scanned anytime soon.

Shira Salamone said...

No way, Jose--I may hate anesthesia with a passion, but I could *never* have eye surgery unless I were out like a light. Some twenty years ago, I was given a choice between "standard" and "laser" for a detaching retina. I went with standard. I get nauseous just from having the ophthalmologist shine a light in my eye! I don't think I'm even capable of letting anyone get anywhere near my eye with a knife or laser.

I'm not surprised that you were into drawing, considering that one or two of your kids seem have inherited your eye for visual art of one kind or another.

yellojkt said...

I AM a mechanical engineer. And it is boring sometimes. My allergist used to be a mechanical engineer.

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Great meme there is always more to learn...:)

Mrs. Balabusta said...

I can't believe you told them about Isabel, that's going to be my next post, then you can link to it.

You can't make this stuff up, you know.

Am Kshe Oref - A Stiff-Necked People said...

Hey! I got tagged by this too!! Wow, it's really going around!