Powered by WebAds

Friday, January 26, 2007

Body Snatchers Wanted

I was watching the 1978 version of Invasion of the Body Snatchers, a movie that really creeped me out as a kid. And I was thinking about how upset Donald Sutherland and Brooke Adams and Jeff Goldblum were about all these people with duplicate bodies growing and everything.

And it occurred to me that, maybe it wouldn't be so bad to have a couple of extra me's around. Y'know, like one to go to minyan, and one to go to each of the three hospitals I was supposed to round at before 8:30 am this morning, and maybe one to see my patients in the clinic, and one to get to my afternoon consulting job on time, while maybe another goes through all the charts on my desks and answers all the phone messages.

That would leave me to do the non-essential things that I seem not to have time for, like sleep at night and eat during the day.

Pod people? I say bring them on.

8 comments:

Soccer Dad said...

Wasn't there another movie like that? Multiplicity?

PsychoToddler said...

I think there was something with Michael Keaton.

Anonymous said...

You round at three hospitals? That, my friend, is alot of windshield time. And one of my things on the job hunt list: 1 me, 1 hospital. I'm not sure the world is ready for more than 1 of me. Ha.

trn said...

Hmm, the various yous could each pitch in and do some of your work, yes, but perhaps each of the yous would have an obligation to daven.

PsychoToddler said...

Hmm...I might also have to compete with myself for bathroom time...It's bad enough with teenagers around..

Anonymous said...

I understand strong emotions could solve the problem: fear, anger, worry. You could be beside yourself.

I think if there were two or more of me, I'd drive myself nuts. Already I can debate myself and lose.

;-)

Neil Harris said...

Pod copies of yourself would make interesting memebers of a new band....

Shira Salamone said...

. . . giving new meaning to the term "podcast." :) :) :)