Powered by WebAds

Sunday, December 03, 2006

The Verdict

Curly gets a Gold Star for his performance this Shabbos! He layned beautifully, with very few errors (which I corrected instantaneously since I was by his side). Even more impressively, at the 11th hour he decided to chuck most of the written speech and talk off the cuff, which meant that he spoke clearly and convincingly like he knew what he was talking about. He looked very at ease up there and despite the Orthodontic Hardware was quite intelligible (moreso than some of the others I've heard). I'm so glad we were "grandfathered" in and are not affected by the new "takanah" against layning! Curly is like a different kid than he was before this endeavor. I really think this did so much for his self-confidence.

We were very saddened that my sisters got stuck in NY. But at least my Mom was here.

Here's something: Guess which movie my Mom and her 86-year-old Aunt Boba went to see? Extra points if you can tell if they liked it or not.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the spirit of all things foreign, as in our "foreign exchange student Shabbaton" this past week over here, I'm going to go waaay out on a limb and say that they saw Borat and loved it. When it came into my mind, I thought, no way, but you know what? Your mom is just that cool. I can't think of any other movie out now that you would have us guess about (as in, I doubt they went to see The Nativity). And I'm glad things went so well with the simcha!

Anonymous said...

Yay for your family! I was going to say "mazel tov" but wasn't certain if you'd come up with a consistent response to a mazel tov.

It is too bad your sisters were stuck in New York but your mom was there.

I am going to say she went to Borat and like it.

torontopearl said...

Mazel tov again to the entire Skier family and to the bar mitzvah boy. (he has a great way with words, as depicted in his blog. Tell me, does sardonic and sarcastic writing run in the family genes?)

Did your mom go to see Boynton Beach?

blueenclave said...

Mazel tov, mazel tov...

dg said...

I saw Borat with my over 70 yr old mom and we loved it-- but first I showed her lots of Borat clips on youtube which she found hysterical.

Baleboosteh said...

Mazel Tov!

You must be very proud!

Shira Salamone said...

Yasher koach (sp?) to Curly, and mazal tov to his proud parents and siblings and the gantzeh mishposheh (entire family)!

SaraK said...

Mazel Tov!

outofAMMO said...

Mazel Tov!

Doctor Bean said...

Yaaay! Congrats to all!

Your mom saw Borat. She hated it.

Jack's Shack said...

Mazal tov

Anonymous said...

Of course he did well - he is YOUR son afterall, right?

Mazel Tov!

PsychoToddler said...

Drumroll, please....

cruisin-mom said...

had to be Borat...

and, Mazel Tov!!!

PsychoToddler said...

If you said "Borat", a winner is you!

If you said "she loved it," you are partially correct. However she told us not to go see it because it is "extremely vulgar."

ifuncused said...

I know I am late, but as soon as I saw your post I knew she went to see Borat. I figured she would go for some of it and not enjoy some of it.

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

what takana? did i miss it?

Yaakova said...

I knew it had to be Borat! But I didn't think she'd like it.

I love that OutofAmmo is telling you Mazel Tov!! You've raised a funny young man! :)

Ralphie said...

Mazel tov, indeed!

Your mom went to see "Takanna 2: Layn Harder" and thought it was evocative albeit derivative.

outofAMMO said...

" You raised a funny young man"

Is that an insult or a compliment?

Yaakova said...

OutOfAmmo: I meant it as a compliment! It was funny!

outofAMMO said...

heheheheheheh

Eeees said...

Just adding my mazal tov to everyone else's...