Powered by WebAds

Friday, July 07, 2006

That Piamenta Song

In 2004, The Moshe Skier Band did a show at a club in Chicago with Piamenta, sponsored by KFAR Jewish Arts Center. We played well, but Yosi's act really blew us away. Mendel (my guitarist) and I were totally impressed with their over-the-top prog-rock medley "Od Yishama/Baruch Atah." I think it was the first time Mendel really heard something that made him think that Jewish Music could be interesting to play and listen to (instead of what you were left with because goyish music was inappropriate).

So of course, we figured, we had to play that song. It is wild.

As an aside, stumbling across that review by Velvel was what turned me on to the world of J-Blogging. So I guess you have Piamenta to thank for Psychotoddler.



BTW I keep forgetting to mention that all the video (including "The Rider" was shot by my daughter, Perel (AKA Fudge)).

13 comments:

MoChassid said...

I went to a wedding where piamenta played. My ears are still ringing from the ridiculous volume he was playing at. And that was four years ago.

Stacey said...

This was AWESOME!! You guys totally rocked (make sure to tell Mendel)!

Kiwi the Geek said...

Funny, when I started reading your family, I seem to remember you scolding Fudge for using real names. Apparently you've given up on anonymity. ;o)

Anonymous said...

Is this is not the smartest move....

Official: Israel Might Free Palestinian Prisoners if Captive Soldier is Released

PsychoToddler said...

Mo: Yes, the joke goes that Yosi's guitar has two volume settings: stun and kill.

Stacey: Yes I will tell Mendel that some strange woman from the internet thinks he rocks. That'll go over well in the Shul.

Kiwi: Well, you're right, I try to keep the kids' names out of the blog. But right now I'm stepping out of my "semi-anonymous" mode and moving into my "public-self-promoting" mode.

Anonymous: Sigh. Yes it sends a bad message. Please kidnap some more of our kids so we will capitulate to more demands. Maybe I'll make a dedicated post for anonymous off-topic comments.

Shira Salamone said...

"Mo, yes, the joke goes that Yosi's guitar has two volume settings: stun and kill." When I read that, I laughed my head off--that is just too funny! True, too. *Our* ears are *also* still ringing from when we saw Piamenta on Lag B'Omer.

Mark, the music is all awesome! Todah rabah rabah, many, many thanks to, er, um, Fudge for shooting all the videos.

Ralphie said...

PsychoToddler, Qu'est-ce que c'est?
Fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away

Shira Salamone said...

Hope you put a whole bunch of videos from this concert on your website, too! You rock, doc!

PsychoToddler said...

Shira: Will do.

Ralphie: Excellent David Byrne imitation!

zahava (mrs. treppenwitz) said...

Kol hakavod! You guys sound GREAT!

BTW, Trep just played with the Piamenta's recently too.... "It's not ME, it's the aaamp!" LOL.....

Nati said...

Quoting big girl - "The red man said 'Na, na, na!" Terrific - thanks!

PsychoToddler said...

Nanana- that lyric gets used in another song too.

Piamenta Fan said...

nice try guys!
check out my super awsome blog
yossipiamenta.blogspot.com