Powered by WebAds

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Happy Doctors' Day!

What, you didn't know today was Doctors' Day? That's OK. Neither did I. I found out when I walked into the hospital this morning and saw a sign on a stand that said, "Happy Doctors' Day! Please enjoy a special treat in the Doctors' Lounge in gratitude for all you do for your patients!"

And sure enough, I walked into the lounge, and there was a little card table set up with granola bars and some other nosherei. But it's a little underwhelming. I mean, where's the marketing blitz? Why was there no sale at Target? No special Doctors' Day arrangements at FTD? Where are all my Hallmark cards?

I yearn for the day when Doctors' Day will be right up there with other important holidays like Sweetest Day and Boxing Day. Until then, I'll have to settle for cheap munchies and faux appreciation.

UPDATE: An eCard from Toronto Pearl...hee hee

10 comments:

Stacey said...

Never heard of it, but.....enjoy the granola bars (yuck, do they at least contain chocolate?) and:

HAPPY DOCTOR'S DAY!

PsychoToddler said...

Granola has been added to my list of "Foods Which Cannot Be Eaten".

Doctor Bean said...

Maybe they need more pesticides...

Happy Doctors Day! I'm giving free prostate exams to celebrate!

PsychoToddler said...

OK, did you listen to the music on Pearl's eCard? Is it just me, or does it sound an awful lot like this Homestar Runner song?

the sabra said...

underwhelming-great word

and please do not make fun of granola. i like it.

wanderer said...

Wow - granola bars? I didn't even know it was Doctor's Day until some random staff person in the hall said Happy Doctor's Day to me.

It really should be a national holiday, complete with sales, bank closings, ecards, etc. At the very least, your wife should buy you that HDTV you deserve...

Jewish Blogmeister said...

I saw that on the news so I'll make sure to be real nice to you today. Speaking of doctor status, I'm really under the weathertoday: I have a fever of 102.9. Any good suggestions oter than sleeping and drinking a lot? Thanks

PsychoToddler said...

mOh, I like granola just fine. But it don't like me.

Wanderer, we have an HDTV in the doctors' lounge. But no XBOX.

JB, take two blogs and call me in the morning.

Kiwi the Geek said...

Doctors are almost always mean and insensitive to me. They seem to enjoy wielding the power to poke me. I have bad luck. But PT, you're really a nice guy, at least around here, so

HAPPY DOCTOR'S DAY!

If I lived in M'waukee, I might even avail myself of your services.

goldstone said...

I got a turkey sandwich wrap and a pin that said remember 9/11.