Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

What I SHOULD have said

Kevin: Stacey! What's shakin!

Kevin: Yeah, it's me, Kevin.

Kevin: Not too much. I'm in the airport. My flight's been delayed.

Kevin: Milwaukee.

Kevin: Wisconsin.

Kevin: You know where Chicago is? No? Never mind. Anyway, I have a few minutes, and I figured we haven't talked in a while.

Kevin: Yeah, you're the first person I thought of calling.

Psychotoddler: snort

Kevin: What am I doing here? Came for a job interview.

Kevin: Yeah, I'm in big demand. These guys are all fighting over me.

Kevin: Seriously. They offered me 50 grand, but I'm--

Psychotoddler: Forty grand.

Kevin: --hold on a sec. Excuse me?

Psychotoddler: Forty grand. I've heard you tell this story four times now, and the last three times you said it was forty grand.

Kevin: Am I talking to you??

Psychotoddler: Actually, yes you are. When you sit down right across from me, and you speak so loudly that I can't concentrate on the book that I was quietly trying to read here, then yes, you are speaking to me. I feel very much like I'm a part of this conversation and reserve the right to participate in it. By the way, say hi to Stacey for me.

Kevin: What are you, some kind of psycho?

Psychotoddler: As a matter of fact...

16 comments:

Robbie said...

Ha. Had to laugh for that one.

cruisin-mom said...

Hey P.T., so is this post about how men lie to women when their ego is involved, or @ how annoying people are who talk at the top of their lungs on cell phones as if no one else is around. Or is it just @ how hysterical you are! (oh, and psycho, of course)

Chaim said...

Awesome .. I've always wanted to faux participate in those conversations. Especially in airports.

Anonymous said...

Funny:***

Jack's Shack said...

Give the Governor a harrumph. Good show.

Essie said...

Terrific! One of the biggest pet peeves I have.

Doctor Bean said...

Made me smile.

Stacey said...

Hey, leave my Kevin alone! Oh, and hello to you, too. LOL

Ezzie said...

:) That was great. I'd say it next time... not like you'll ever see the guy again! Meanwhile, you'll be doing a favor for tens of people. (Okay, a handful, if it's in Mitchell...)

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Irina Tsukerman said...

LOL! That's hilarious! I always have the urge to interfere in other people's cell phones conversations, when they are being so annoying... And it's only a lucky accident of fate that I haven't done so yet! : D

Ayelet said...

OMG! That's a riot! I bet he really thought you were nuts after his comment made you smile, as I'm sure it did.

MC Aryeh said...

Can I put in the first request for turning this into a somewhat regular series?

RR said...

LOL! Thank you for striking a blow for all of us who are sick of being forced to listen to people yelling into their cell phones! I've often wanted to do just what you did but have never had the guts. Good for you!

Safranit said...

I know I'm a bit late...but you have to check out this site's suggestions....I want to be a member of SHHH...

http://www.coudal.com/shhh.php

PsychoToddler said...

Safranit, that's a great idea.