Powered by WebAds

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Evil Dad part 2

Last night I took Iguana, my 9 year-old, to hear Simply Tsfat. If I had to use one word to describe that band it would be simcha (joy). I've heard (and played) many of those tunes before, but rarely have I heard them played with such joy and enthusiasm. Bravo.

Lest you think I am some kind of uber-Dad for deciding to spend some quality time with one of my six kids to make her feel special...actually, go ahead and think that. It's much better than the real reason I took her. Which was because I didn't have time to drive her home from her piano lesson and still get to the show on time. Let's just say her enthusiasm for the show was somewhat less than mine.

Anyway, they were playing in a rather far-off suburb and we had to take the highway to get there from the music store. It was dark and the signs were not well-marked. I had a hard time finding the entrance ramp to the highway. We ended up making a bunch of wrong turns in the dark and then trying to make U-Turns on streets that were clearly labeled as "No U-Turn" and I was getting increasingly pissed-off.

Eventually, after driving along the service road for a while, I did manage to find an on-ramp. Iguana was obviously relieved about that, as she proclaimed:

"Look, Abba! There's the Freakin' Highway!"

5 comments:

Mirty said...

about freakin' time someone posted a comment!

Kiwi the Geek said...

Where's Evil Dad part 1?

PsychoToddler said...

click on the post title

Sweettooth120 said...

I just read your link - that's really funny. I love reading these anecdotes. They always bring a smile on my face and remind me of my own kids.

C'mon guys, these stories about children are priceless. I will go ahead and start a new blog for these stories, if y'all join me. Who's game?

Mirty said...

I don't have cute children. Only two teenager hoodlum stepkids. (Not really. They're hardly hoodlums. Honest. Could I borrow $500 to bail one out?)