Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Enhance your Calm, Psychotoddler...

OK OK. I think I'm taking these JIBs waaaaay to seriously. I need to prepare myself to be knocked out of the first round of voting. Otherwise I'm setting myself up for a big fall. I have to keep telling myself "this is only a contest, and one based solely on readership, and you don't have that big a readership..." Yeah, I passed 50K this week, but there are blogs out there that do that kind of traffic every month.

And I'm being totally clobbered by The Dry Bones Blog. My wife tells me, "Why should that surprise you? He's a professional cartoonist! What are you? A professional Doctor! You're just not that funny!"

So anyway, that got me to thinking. Actually, it should have got me to thinking that I'm taking this too seriously and I should just enjoy the blog for what it is and the great virtual friends I've made through it and the outlet that it has given me to express my opinions and frustrations and share funny stories.

But what I was really thinking was, "Cartoons! Any low-life can draw cartoons! How hard can it be!" Also it reminded me that I had already drawn a cartoon and posted it on the internet in response to one of Fudge's posts.

So without further ado, look out The Dry Bones Blog, and Toothpaste for Dinner. I give you the searing social commentary of...Dental Floss for Breakfast!

BTW, don't comment that you "don't get it." If you "don't get it," there is obviously something wrong with you, not me.

15 comments:

Gail said...

Ok. Now I might have to change my vote.

(Deliberately vague.)

: ) <---hint: I am leaving smiling. But it is a Mona Lisa smile.

PsychoToddler said...

I thought this was the mona lisa smile

:|

Anne said...

This is exactly what happened last year in the Best of Blog (BoB) awards. Two of the Mommies ended up dropping out of the "Best Mommy Blog" Top 10 because they couldn't stand the pressure (which is the only reason I came in 8th instead of 10th).

The winner in the "Most Inspirational" donated his winnings to the Runer-Up, he felt so guilty. I guess that was extra-inspiring.

The "Most Humorous" all sniped at each other and then sent their fans to leave blistering comments on their rivals' blogs.

Only the Daddy bloggers were gentlemen and visited each other's sites, left nice notes, and even kept in touch briefly after it was all over.

I think even the Knitters had their extra sharp needles out for each other.

These popularity contests all yank us back to 7th grade and it isn't pretty.

Just hang in there. It'll be over in a few weeks.

And ... good luck!

PsychoToddler said...

Obviously you all know I'm joking about the Dry Bones blog. I've been reading his cartoons since first grade and he's enormously talented. I just thought this kind of contest should be limited to amateurs.

Jack's Shack said...

For the right price I'd be happy to go visit him with an eraser and a Costco size bottle of liquid paper. ;)

Irina Tsukerman said...

LOL, now I'm actually kind of glad I'm not a participant! Hilarious cartoon, by the way! : D

Doctor Bean said...

Um... Would it help or hurt if I told you I haven't voted? Or checked the standings? Or know who's nominated?

None of this matters. The only thing that matters is that you have fun doing this and you occasionally post a Uranus joke.

Concentrate on what's important, like who's shaving your neck.

Mirty said...

You're a much, much better cartoonist than he is. And I hear he's an excellent doctor. ;)

Now go get your back waxed. Waah! Don't tell me it doesn't need waxing. I know all about cro-magnum men.

Sweettooth120 said...

Now why is Zappa coming to mind - perhaps you too want to be a "Dental Floss Tycoon"

Planning any moves to Montana?



(***gosh I hope someone gets this. See what my husband's musical taste has done to me. I am quoting Zappa songs.)

wanderer said...

I totally agree with you about the amateur thing. I was very surprised to see Dry Bones nominated. It's just not fair.

MoChassid said...

pretty funny. BTW, my daughter and her roomates flipped over Fudge's blog.

Esther Kustanowitz said...

I need to prepare myself for being knocked out, too. A support group, perhaps?

PsychoToddler said...

Yeah, we'll call it the "J-Blogosphere" because we're all being knocked out by the mega blogs.

Mrs. Balabusta said...

You know Mirty, the hardest part about the neck grooming is knowing where to stop.

I have decided to stop at the shirt collar. In the famous words of my ancestor "If you can see past there, you're looking too hard".

And Beany - I would not go with the "I haven't voted yet" line or he is likely to grab you by the chest hairs and shake you silly.

And finally to the Author of the Blog the timely and timeless quote "Dammit Jim, You're a doctor, not a cartoonist or columnist."

PsychoToddler said...

If you think you can get to me with a shameless Star Trek quote--

Good going.