Powered by WebAds

Friday, October 28, 2005

Miss Melodrama

Miss Melodrama went to the doctor.
Miss Melodrama had her blood drawn.
Miss Melodrama cradled her "injured" arm for the rest of the evening.
Miss Melodrama "needed" to sit on her blue chair and watch Jimmy Neutron.
Miss Melodrama couldn't use either hand to hold her cup of water, so her father had to hold it up to her mouth so she could drink with a straw.
Miss Melodrama somehow finagled her mother into putting pretzels, one by one, into her mouth.
Miss Melodrama took ten minutes to get undressed for her bath because she wouldn't let me pull her sleeve over her arm.
Miss Melodrama attempted to take a bath without getting her arm wet, but ultimately failed.
Miss Melodrama insisted I blow her a kiss from across the room so that her arm wouldn't be touched.
Miss Melodrama got a big fat smoochy kiss on the cheek instead.

11 comments:

A Simple Jew said...

It sounds like we have the same kid, PT.

My daughter can bark out commands faster than any human can fulfil them. I want juice, pretzels, popsicle, bagel, etc......

Doctor Bean said...

Sounds like she's better. Phewff.

Sounds like she's also got you and Mrs B well trained, which is as it should be.

Shabbat shalom.

torontopearl said...

I see you doled out a little (melo)drama yourself:

"a big fat smoochy kiss" !

Have a good Shabbos.

Essie said...

Sounds like you are one whipped Daddy.

Wickwire said...

She's raising you two well.

Seriously, I'm all for those kinds of services to a sick child. I can't help myself doing the same kinds of things when my wee one is sick.

Stacey said...

Big fat smoochy kisses are the best kind. :)

Kiwi the Geek said...

I empathize with the poor kid. I'm almost as bad when I get poked. Glad you're pampering her at this very fragile time! ;o)

30cal said...

i personally think she knows quite well that she is being pampered, but doesn't let on. i could see it in her eyes. next she'll be asking you to dress up as a penguin for her amusement. actually, i'd like to see that too.

Eli said...

PT:
My little Klafta (Sarah who is the same age as the PT) maneged to hit her toe with the door hard enough to draw blood.

She used it to extort:
1. a lollipop
2. Lying on the sofa while everyone else cleaned the mess in the living room.
3. at around 1:00AM she crawled into our bed (which is not allowed at night), she pleaded incapacitated by a sore toe, I objected but was overruled, and so she was allowed to stay.

So I think you got off easy, but I must say that Sarah is a lot more like her great grandmother then the PT.

PsychoToddler said...

Actually, she reminds me of MY grandmother, the one that Fudge is named after.

The real problem is that she is like this ALL the time.

Shira Salamone said...

Mr. PT, Mrs. Balabusta, please have a seat.

I'm Dr. _________, Director of Pediatrics here at Prestigious University Hospital Medical Center. I'm afraid I have some bad news: Your daughter has a severe case of "spoiled 'baby-of-the-family" syndrome. Apparently, she was infected by her primary care physician and nurse."

:)

As I said of our High Holiday cantor's three-year-old grandson, "Who could resist anyone that cute?"

Let's just hope that she doesn't expect such service-with-a-wry-smile from her future husband.