Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Holiday Gift-Giving

The PT is sick. She has 102 degree fever. She has been lethargic and miserable for the past 2 days. She missed all of Simchas Torah and Mrs. Balabusta had to stay home with her.

It seems she has a tendency to get sick during the Holidays. Why? I can't be certain, but it seems to coincide with the deluge of visitors from New York and elsewhere, all coming for the Holidays, and all bringing their sniffling preschoolers to the synagogue for the Holiday services. And leaving them in the playroom with my daughter.

While I appreciate the enthusiasm for exposing the little ones to the festivities at the Shul, and the fact that many of our guests have traveled here at great expense, I wish some would show a little better judgement when it comes to bringing sick kids to Shul. I would love for my daughter to meet new kids and share her toys with them, but I really would prefer they didn't share their germs with her.

That is All.

14 comments:

Mrs. Balabusta said...

Working on the list of 7 things I can do....

Top of the list is take the PT to the doctor tomorrow. Her temp has been higher than 102 and it's been two days. Tomorrow will be three.

Another thing I can do is get the PT to swallow Blue Motrin 3 times a day.

And you can add those to the list of things he can't do.

Irina Tsukerman said...

I'm sorry The PT is sick. Hope she gets better soon!

I know the feeling - I always used to get sick during holidays. That wasn't fun.

tuesdaywishes said...

Poor kid. Hope she feels better soon.

Stacey said...

Hope the PT feels better soon. It is no fun to be sick, esp. during a holiday. :(

Hope otherwise yours was good. :)

30cal said...

i also seem to have that tendency, even at WITS...
i think those germs just have a cruel sense of humor.

Jack's Shack said...

Little incubators of infection, but you have got to love them.

Kiwi the Geek said...

Why does the PT need adult pills? They make kids' motrin now, I think it's liquid. I'm always concerned about giving kids adult medicine...if it makes you any less worried, remember that fever is killing germs. But you probably already knew that.

A Simple Jew said...

May the PT have a refuah shleima!

Doctor Bean said...

Oh, poor The PT. I hope she is well soon. Our little Beans get so pathetically sad when they have fevers, it's heartbreaking to watch.

GregoryT said...

Do you think a cold sukkah had anything to do with that? (in addition to sick kids). May she have a refuah shlema!

Mirty said...

Sending a hug and a "get well quick" - refuah shlemah -- to the little kiddeleh.

ball-and-chain said...

Don't be too hard on the other parents. I can't even count the number of times I have brought a perfectly healthy kid somewhere only to leave with the same kid vomiting, or sneezing or feverish. It can all happen so fast.

Wickwire said...

Poor little sweetie. Hope she gets well fast. I've been there with those feelings about other peoples sniffling, coughing, running amuck children.

Doctor Bean said...

So, what did her doctor think?