Powered by WebAds

Sunday, October 09, 2005

Cheat Commandos


Long-time readers of this blog are probably perplexed by my semi-regular references to Homestar Runner. I think that brothers Matt and Mike Chapman are such comic geniuses that the link to their site was the third that I included when I started Psychotoddler. But the appeal is similar to that of Monty Python. Which is to say (paraphrasing John Scalzi) that "a certain segment of humanity will find it unaccountably amusing and will quote it whenever possible while the rest of humanity stares and wonders what the heck the geeks are going on about now."

Regardless of what you think of the site, the cartoons linked to below will give more than a chuckle to any kid raised during the 80's watching cartoons like "GI Joe", which was really a 30 minute commercial for their playsets and toys masquerading as a children's show. With a dose of heavy-handed moralizing tacked on at the end for "educational value."

Cheat Commandos Commercial

Cheat Commandos...O's...Breakfast Cereal Commercial!

Episode: Shopping for Danger

Commandos in the Classroom!



The genesis of the Cheat Commandos was, as usual, a Strong Bad email.

7 comments:

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

I never really found the Cheat Commandos as funny as some other Homestarrunner features... Teen Girl Squad, for instance.

Shira Salamone said...

That "breakfast cereal" thingie reminded me of my favorite nutrition lecture to my son: "I don't care what they call it--if it has chocolate in it, it's candy, not cereal!"

And that one that ends with something like "You guys gotta, like, seriously, start takin' showers, like, every day" reminded me of Fudge's funny Wednesday, August 10, 2005 post, "wednesday nights at the skiers' house."

Katrina said...

Oh, yeah. Wiiiight.

Long live the Burninator!

PsychoToddler said...

Katrina: Yoooou shank my Jenga Ship!

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

I gave one of my classes a test a last week. Or maybe it was the week before. Anyway, instead of writing on the board "TEST ENDS AT: (insert time here)" in order to help them approximate how much time they had left, i wrote "THE GOOD TIMES ARE O-VUH: (time)". ;-)

PsychoToddler said...

Steg: do your students think you are cool for knowing HSR or just a poseur?

Teen Girl Squad was our families introduction to HSR. Damn them.

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

I'm not sure. I think i might even be cooler than they are — they didn't seem to recognize the reference :-O !