Powered by WebAds

Monday, October 24, 2005

Base Guitar

Over the Holiday, The PT decided to start playing guitar. She picked up a plastic baseball bat and started playing it while singing songs that she learned in K4 or on Noggin. I wish I had a picture to show you, but apparently, in the past 24 hours, she has "outgrown" it.

She'd pick up the bat, hold it down by her hips (slung low), and then get a very serious expression on her face. Then, with her right hand, she'd start moving her fingers up and down. And then she'd sing something like, "It's just MEEEEEE, It's just MEEEEE." Or something like that.

I got the distinct impression that she was trying to play bass. It wasn't the strumming movement that most air guitar players mimic. It was a definite plucking motion. Which I find interesting because I play bass with a pick. So where she got it from, I don't know.

Moe told her she played real well. He said maybe one day Fudge will give her real guitar lessons.

"Ooh, that would be great," she said. "It would be a lot easier than playing this bat."

6 comments:

fudge said...

Here are the lyrics, in their entirety:

"This is Me" by Laurie

This is me (clap clap)
This is me (clap clap)
This is me and my energy.
This is me (clap clap)
This is me (clap clap)
This is me and my energy.

Also featured was a nursery take-off of that popular Blondie tune, "I'm Gonna Get You":

I'm Gonna Get You by Blondie

I'm gonna get you
You better run
I'm gonna get you
Here I come!

Headaches forced this reviewer to retire early. With a Cold One.

PsychoToddler said...

The subject matter suits her well.

30cal said...

In other news, moe asserts not only that the PT may likely take up drums in the near future, but also that fudge has not had a cold one in her entire miserable life. not to say that he has, mind you. also, PT, please link to me from your blog site! I need a link! and in other other news, larry has taken up the blogging keyboard today. the skies seem to be getting grayer every moment.

Neil said...

So, music runs in the family genes.

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Are the Ones always cold in Milwaukee?

I had a homestar moment over yontef... if only i could remember what it was...

Mrs. Balabusta said...

She has, in her 104 degree delerium taking to playing an old ruler,
-- and yes, she does pluck it.