Powered by WebAds

Monday, August 08, 2005

Go Speed Racer

Tonight I raced a guy in England. Not a guy from England. A guy in England. I was in Wisconsin, and he was in England. And we were zipping through the streets of Edinburgh (which I found out is pronounced Edinboro) in our Porsches and Ferraris.

All possible through the magic of the internet and XBOX live. Throughout the entire race, we chatted in real time over our headsets. Yes I look like a total dork when I'm talking into thin air. Yes people keep turning around because they think I'm speaking to them. No I don't care. It was AMAZINGLY cool. The Brit kept making fun of MY accent! Imagine that...a guy who can't even say aluminum! And as far as I'm concerned, a laundrette should be the term for a woman doing laundry.

We were eventually joined by a guy in Colorado. Then the three of us talked about cars, XBOX, the French, BBC TV shows (MI 5, I mean Spooks), and US/British relations.

Just doing my part for world peace.

8 comments:

Jack's Shack said...

But did you win.

torontopearl said...

This sounds like so much fun. I can't tell my sons about it, though. They'd be wanting to do it, too.
Some things are only meant for adults--uh, I mean grown-up kids!

Doctor Bean said...

I've been out of the video game market for two decades, and my kids haven't gotten into them yet.

That screenshot is incredible. Somewhat more resolution than Space Invaders!

PsychoToddler said...

But did you win.



Heck no at all!

But I did come in not last place once.

fudge said...

that's what america's all about...doctors pretending to drive porsches in a city they couldn't locate on a map.

Mrs. Balabusta said...

I want you all to hear what I get what I complain about the PT's hobbies.

"You know I don't golf."

What that has to do with anything, I am still wondering-----

Wickwire said...

Hee hee Fudge.

PsychoToddler said...

Well....I don't golf.