Powered by WebAds

Thursday, July 07, 2005

PT Logic



Perel posted a great story as a comment on the last post in which she documents a typical argument with the PT.

It has nothing to do with the post itself, so I'm calling attention to it here for those of you who missed it. I have found that arguing with the PT is in many ways reminiscent of the many debates Kirk has had with various supercomputers in which he eventually gets them to self destruct. (He's done this no less than 4 times).

As to which one of us is Kirk and which is the supercomputer, that depends on who ends up exploding. As my wife would say, "Your logic was impeccable, Mark. We're in grave danger."

5 comments:

Doctor Bean said...

Bones. My uniform, Bones. It's ridiculous. Especially the wavy lines around the cuffs. Also my speech, Bones. It's halting. Like I have to stop. Every few words. For dramatic effect. Bones.

Jewish Blogmeister said...

May the schwartz be with you

PsychoToddler said...

In college we used to have fun trying to say the opening monologue to Star Trek along with Kirk: "Space...the..FINAL--FronTIER.." But we could never get in sync with him, no matter how well we knew it.

Oddly enough, I have the same experience now when I try to say the Mi Shebeirach along with the Gabbai in shul.

Soccer Dad said...

I remember watching "The Changeling" once at YU (when it was on sometime about midnight for all the pathetic guys - like me - who couldn't get dates) What did Nomad say about women? "A mass of conflicting responses" that got quite an ovation.

PsychoToddler said...

David--were you one of the guys in my dorm room?

We had a midnight ritual:

Send the Canadian guy out for beer (the rest of us were underage) then watch the Honeymooners, then Star Trek. And yell out lines like it was Rocky Horror.

We used to get really pissed when they preempted it for an infomercial.