Powered by WebAds

Monday, June 20, 2005

Happy Bicentennial, Elizagerth!!!!

The following is the Father's Day card I received from my oldest daughter, Perel:

"Dear Abba,

"HAPPY BICENTENNIAL ELIZAGERTH!!!!

"It never gets old, does it?

"Anyway. I thought about getting you something, but couldn't think of what...So then I wanted to get you a card, but the best I could find was, "To the Boss of the House--Mother's Day was LAST MONTH." So I thought, OK, I'll just use my own POP (powers of pervasiveness).

"I lucked out on the Dad-o-meter. People tell me this all the time and I have to agree. My dad plays in a rock band (and gets rave reviews!), loves videogames, and has entire years of Monty Python and other questionable humor memorized. You always have time and patience for all of us even though you work full-time. Some of our best conversations, and some of my most clarifying, have been with you.

"We all look forward to when you come home for supper. Just ask Elana (D2--this is a reference to the time she ambushed me on my way in the door to tell me to fix her horse-riding computer game right away or her life was ruined). She'll tell you.

"OK, I can't fit 16 years in a Thank You card. You are a fun father, and I have never met anyone--in all my years as a child (isn't that an oxymoron?)--who I would have rather had. I love you.

"So enjoy your Bicentennial!

"Yours Sequentially,

"Perel"


Wow. I must be doing something right with that one. I love you too, Perel.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com

10 comments:

Stacey said...

What a sweetheart. I loved her message to you. She is adorable. You must be kvelling. :)

Jack's Shack said...

That was sweet.

Wickwire said...

That was very sweet. You ARE a good father as I can see from past posts. Lucky children.

Mirty said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

shucks!

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

I assume this Father's Day Card was in WIIIIIDDDDDEEEESSSSSCCCCCCRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNN?

PsychoToddler said...

Woa, Steg...How long have YOU been there?

Irina Tsukerman said...

What an awesome letter! : O

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

If by "there" you mean Strongbadia, a few years at least ;-) . Although i'm not actually much of a Homestarrunner fan, i'm more into webcomics like Sluggy Freelance and Schlock Mercenary. Oh, and those really absurdist Qwantz Dinosaur comics!

But i love Teen Girl Squad! And Strong Bad's scroll button songs! (scroll button and the lappy / together at last / how'd you ever learn to scrappy-scroll so fast?) And Home Stah Wunna's voice... and.. and...

Btw, how come the s-haczek (S with a little v on top) in my name has been coming out as the Arabic letter zaay here lately?

Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Hey, i just cut-n-paste'd that letter into someplace i could make it bigger, and it's not even an Arabic zaay, it's... an Urdu retroflexed re? Weird...

Mirty said...

All of us Strongbad Scroll Bar song addicts should come out of the closet. Sometimes I giggle myself to sleep singing those songs. (I can also totally transform my teenage stepkids into laughing hyenas with my excellent strongbad imitation.)