Powered by WebAds

Thursday, December 02, 2004

Baruch Dayan Emes

In the past 2 weeks, two of my blogging friends have lost their fathers:

Motomama and Mochassid.

And though I've never actually met either one of them, and in fact, I don't even know their names, I do consider them to be friends, and I share in their loss.

From their written words, it appears that the two of them couldn't be further apart on the Jewish spectrum, and yet together they illustrate to me what is wonderful about the blogosphere.

No doubt, there is a lot of nastiness and hostility on the internet, and in the blogosphere in particular, where anonymity has allowed people the opportunity to hastily type and send the kind of vitriol that would normally never get past their lips in face to face conversation.

But it has also brought me into contact with people all over the world who share at least one thing in common with me, be it faith, heritage, love of music or wacky families.

And through this, I have been comforted to learn that I am not alone, stuck in a freezing cold Midwestern town, but part of a global community of people, some of whom think the way I do (and many of whom don't).

So Mo and MO, may you both be comforted amongst the mourners of Zion and Jerusalem. Despite our differences, we have at least that much in common.

1 comment:

MoChassid said...

PT

Thanks for your very kind words

MoC