Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Yeshiva Band

I went to pick up my son this evening from Mishmar (evening studies) at the Yeshiva, and while I was there, I caught the house band practicing.

I got a major case of deja vous. They had a drummer, bass player, and guitarist (in order of volume). They were playing a song named Gelt (believe it or not), which to me sounded like a typical late 70's disco/funk. They were OK.

There's just something about watching a bunch of clean cut Yeshiva guys in button down shirts, black shoes, and felt yarlmuke's jamming down with a power trio in the old Bais Medrash that reminded me of a certain band that took up all of my spare time in college.

I'll have to get them a CD of my old stuff next time I'm there. Hopefully it won't get banned by the Rebbeim.

2 comments:

Akiva Avraham said...

Most people use 70s Disco as their Horah tune.

PsychoToddler said...

No kidding ;-)