Powered by WebAds

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Actually, I'm a Superhero

We had a guest over for Shabbos lunch, and he asked my kids if they knew what I did for a living.

"He's a Doctor," they all chimed in.

"Ahh, but what kind of Doctor?"

Silence.

Finally one ventured, "I think he's an....intern."

"Internist!!" I yelled.

My guest persisted: "So what does that mean?"

More silence. Then: "I think he does stuff...y'know...inside of the patients."

"Yeah, y'know, not on the outside," added another kid.

The guest turned to me and smiled.

"Tell me about it," I sighed.


3 comments:

MoChassid said...

You think you have problems? Try explaining to your kids what 'credit derivatives' and 'asset backed securities' are.

PsychoToddler said...

....uh.....Mo?......Nevermind....

dilbert said...

You mean doctors aren't superheros? oh oh, caught lying to my kids again